Planning imagery to illustrate my story

In my story I want to include images to my article to make it stronger which relate to my research. This includes things like people emotions towards having to take part in Mandatory Military Service as well as an image of someone having to leave their family as to show the effects of war and what it causes people to do.

Finding an image in which captures people emotions - 

My first step to this was to take to google and try find an image which looked like someone was being affected by war and his/her emotions because of this. I found a few images but they were back from when colour camera's were a thing. I didn't want to use these as they didn't really suit the theme. Yes, they were part of what I was looking for but they were taken such a long time ago that it didn't fit to the theme of people being affected by war in todays society or the fact that the person involved would have to be drafted to join the military without a choice.


These are the images I found looking for people emotions caused by war:


Throughout my research however, I did stumble across a website which showed off the emotions of people who had been drafted to take place in the military in Lithuania when the law was reinstated last year. These images looked perfect and would serve not only for the poster but also for the double page spread and are a valuable resource.

The website can be found here: http://www.boredpanda.com/army-men-portraits-lithuanian-draft-conscription-neringa-rekasiute-beata-tiskevic-hasanova/

Example images shown on the webpage:



Finding an image which relates to people having to leave everything behind for war - 

To find an image for this, it was a much simpler and easier task. Because I wasn't looking for anything specific other than it being semi-recently, I was able to make up a small contact sheet of images I could use in my article


All these images were found using a simple google search:



No comments:

Post a Comment