Page layout plans

Before creating the double page spread, I would need to make a plan and plan out where I want to put my information as well as make a script/draft copy of what I want to put in the double page spread for my article.

Below is what I have come together with for creating my double page spread. I will also go into more detail of each labeled part and what I wish to put there and achieve in that space.



The actual size of this image is the size of a double page spread in which I will now go from titles, to columns to images in order and explain what each one will contain and be used for.

Title of the Magazine or Newspaper - 

Within my proposal is a chosen name for my magazine, of which is, The Obscure But General Interests Magazine. This will be taking the spot of he big box labeled. 

Title of the article - 

Once again, a pretty self-explanatory box where the contents is pretty simple. This box will contain the word "Mandatory Military Service" as a simple and easy title into the article. It's purpose is to be clear and get the point across of what the article is.

Column 1 -

Column 1 will include an introduction to the article and go over what exactly the article is about. Inside this I hope to go over what it is, how it happens and an example of what happened recently just a year ago. The last paragraph of this column will provide a powerful and strong statistic which is against the act of Mandatory Military Service. 

Column 2 -

In column 2, I want to explain further why Mandatory Military Service is bad and why it should never be a thing in the UK. I will also bullet point a few reasons as to why it's bad for the person who has to take part.

Column 3 - 

Column 3 will take on a different tone where I will try to persuade but still inform the reader that not wanting to fight for your country is not all you can do to be patriotic. In places like America, it is common for people to be Patriotic, wanting to fight for their country if they needed to have 100% pride in their country. My goal here is to simply make people realise that even serving at a cashier helps your country and keeps the country functioning when you may not even realise.

Column 4 -

An overall conclusion will make up the space of my fourth column, in this area I hope to explain my thoughts on a deeper level as well as explain a possible solution to the issue as well as an absolute worse case scenario. An idea is that some words may be fully capitalised in order to create effect and grab the readers attention.

Image 1 -

For my first image I want to place something along the lines of the bullet points that will be listed in column 2, perhaps something like a militant leaving his family or having to say goodbye to someone.

Image 2 - 

My second image will feature another portrait from where I created my A3 poster promoting awareness of Mandatory Military Service to capture the raw emotion and what even just saying you'll be called in to serve your duty. The effects of war are serious and its not a matter to be taken lightly. Especially when you're called in against your own will.

Freespace / Slogan - 

I want to keep my slogan pretty small and simple but take up a lot of the free space as to not leave blank area's. A strong statement would be used here, I want to finish on a strong note and having something striking at the viewer so they leave in a positive attitude against the act of Mandatory Military Service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment